Wednesday 4 May 2011

Community Spirit!!!

I have to say for all my concerns about living where we do etc etc, today we visited my Dad's Blind Bowls Club's annual summer fete. Lovely!!! Everyone is nice to each other, people spend money without needing anything to aid the funds. You see young children standing next to their grandad's watching the people play bowls. Children clambour to play the hook a duck (bit hard this year as there were no fishing rods lol) and win a prize of a couple of sweets. My boys come aways with dolls (yes I know) lego sword sets and numerous toys.

I love it, it becomes a family affair with my dad on the hook a duck, my mum on the toy tombola (everyone wins a prize on most stalls) my sister came along with my darling nephew and we get to have a little catch up.

Also mightily impressed with her gift to cheer me up from my recent upsets, 48 creme eggs yes you heard correctly.

Had to leave earlier than the end (which is unusual for us lol) to head to Norfolk to book into a motel ready for looking at houses first thing the next morning. Hubster needs to know who won the guess the weight
of the cake, obviously not us though lol.

Anyway we set off to Norfolk at 5.24 along the M25, M11, A11 then the A47 towards Acle and reached there in just 2 hours granted the roads were completely clear and I must admit to not wanting to look at the speedometer when hubster is driving.

Motel was ok, nice large room. The boys made themselves at home straight away and F was full of beans actually wondered at one point if he would ever fall asleep, just kept saying sleepover over and over. So excited I thought he might pee his pants. Him and hubster make a lovely combination they are both sarcastic and humerous and we all ending up rolling around in laughter.

G didn't come with us as he still has school, so scared about his feelings as I know he really doesn't want to move and its such an important period in life but we really have no choice. Hope one day he forgives me/us and starts to enjoy life the yokel way. Must check internet ability!!!!

So in the morning we see the first of the houses.

Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment