Saturday 30 April 2011

Don't come down here with you're Northern ways!!!!

Poor poor Hubster, I am still as ever addicted in this quest to find the perfect house for our ever expanding family in the most wonderful location. Any breaks I have from looking after the dc I am on this laptop typing away.
I've started to look for jobs in areas now too. Lots of nursing jobs in GY area, the ageing population keeps me in a job and found a brewery assistant job for dh. He was most impressed with that.
Have thought about writing our letter to the lettings agents giving our 2 month notice but am so scared in case we really do find it difficult to find the right place/school/jobs but it you don't jump you'll never fly as they say. Don't ask me who says lol!
Went out with my beautiful friends last night for a meal and of course part of the discussion was about my move, although unhappy about our decision to leave the area (and no weekly chai's in starbucks) they are friends for life so I will see them on a regular basis (must be close to a quick rail network into London / add to list of requirements for area).
I have decided to leave some of our children at home as I found THE most perfect little picture box cottage in a small village see pics. Master bedroom had a roll top bath in!!!! Seriously do you think the kids will mind being sold to the highest bidder for the luxury of thinking I am in a romance novel every night. Don't worry kids I won't really sell you.

Anyway back in focus, my forums have mostly been saying that we are making the right choice and although there are flaws to living in the country, the perks outweigh the flaws easily. So fresh air (ish) here we come.
Another gorgeous little cottage (again must remember not to have sooooo many children) in a beautiful village in Devon.
Words from a resident describing the area on another site '

"Living in H*** House has been a joy over the past seven years, we have enjoyed sitting in the garden of a summer's evening with children playing appreciating the beautiful landscape surrounding us, which is breathtaking. Even when it snows it is such fun to enjoy the sledging potential in the neighbouring fields with some of the fellow villagers. There is a real sense of community here without it being too intrusive, you can be as involved as you wish.When we arrive home, we feel totally relaxed, mainly because we live in such a rural area, where there are no distractions that you encounter living in a busy town, you can travel into the nearby towns to get your essential chores done and then come home and switch off. We feel bringing a family up in Bickington is very safe and idyllic, we feel quite protected here."

Then words in reply on same such site : Warning harshness approaching :
"Devon is pants! Belive me you don`t want to live here! NO night life NO good times nothing to do!Great locals great scenery! But if your north of Exeter you would`nt understand what we have !Respet, maners,old fash values,Iv`e got a theory all you northern nomads are running away from, ex wives, kids, debts,drug problems.And shite estate life.Nothing wrong with bettering yourself,but don`t bring your shite life & ways in to Devon." Mr name has been removed to protect blah blah blah!!!

Nice!!! Anyway we have decided finally on three areas (all miles away from each other of course and after Norfolk, will visit Somerset and then Devon to see Mr Ciderman) oh drat did I reveal your identity lol!

Chosen areas are:
Norfolk : focus on villages around the Norfolk Broads and South of Norwich to remain commutable to London.
Somerset: all villages around and including Midsomer Norton.
Devon: South Devon but no further south than Cornwall borders and 30 mins away from A30 or M5 for (again) London.
See ladies I am coming back on a regular basis.

Phew it'll be even easier once I decide on just the one area but best to view them all first before making the decision. I might even get all geeky and do pie charts for jobs, amenities, schools etc pro and cons.

Sometimes I give myself a headache ;P

Ta ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment