Sunday 24 April 2011

Forum life!

Yes I know, I know I said I'd have a day off and Hubster is soooo not impressed with me but when you get a bee in your bonnet you have to get rid of it?? Correct?
Me and hubster have come to the decision that although we are both desperately in love with Cornwall and Devon, being able to see his kids and my family on a regular basis just won't really be a viable option so we are focusing all of our attention on Norfolk in particular the Norfolk Broads area.
I have joined a few forums and hopefully we will collect enough information about the areas to decide where we'd like to base ourselves and then perhaps when we're old enough (sooner than we think) and we retire we're head back to Cornwall in our little cottage :).
Over the past few weeks we have explored Lincolnshire, hubster's mum and sis live there but although in our price bracket and then some we just couldn't fall in love with the area. Maybe we should have headed a little bit more inland than just Skegness lol.
Last weekend we headed to Cornwall and stayed at Tintagel, truly breathtaking but quite small, people were so lovely though and even walking to the shops we were smiled at or spoken to, truly gorgeous when we come from a town where unless you know someone you don't look at them at ALL. So a few snaps from Tintagel, me and bubs with a chicken at our b&b, they had the lifestyle we want so much, chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats and horses and all they have to do is tidy rooms and make some breakfast.





We then visited Padstow and Rock both by ferry beautiful but on researching the area there are no houses to rent as most lets are holiday lets and they can command up to £1600 per week, flippin heck.



Going inland we viewed 2 properties in Launceston, good schools and hospital for work but houses not really big enough and South Molton, definitely not for us but the house was a stunning old mill conversion.
Would look at St Ives and surrounding area when we retire I think, but for now we'll look forward to a wonderful new life (hopefully) in Norfolk and 2 weeks holiday every year in Cornwall. Seems a done deal, now just to find the right area and house and we can go.
Waiting for the forums to get back to me but Acle as I listed in blog 2, are doing various street parties next Friday for the wedding, now I'm not particularly patriotic BUT I love this whole sense of community. One party is for the elderly by invitation only, then the next party is for ALL the residents in Acle. Wonder if I can gatecrash?? My biggest fear is making this huge step and then not being accepted by the villagers (you do here things about outsiders not being accepted for 5, 10 sometimes 20 years). Have to do a lot of smiling, methinks lol.
Hope you all had a wonderful easter? We have a fab roast dinner and then have had a blissfully lovely chilled day (me on the laptop obviously ).
Ps was tres excited about having 2 followers even though one being your sister is quite biased, lol. I love you  honey xxxxxxxxx
Ta ta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment