Monday 25 April 2011

East or South West!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We appear to be back to square one with our planned move :(.

Hubster has stated he isn't too sure about Norfolk and so the quest begins again with Devon, Dorset and Cornwall. He even threw in Manchester and Yorkshire because he might just, might want to live there. I think he's joking!!!
Had to increase our budget as South for what we need is much more expensive but found a stunning 5 bed detached cottage in Dorset in Yellow, dreamy and a Detached house in Torquay with sea views for the same price we pay per month for our teeny tiny house here.
Not taken Norfolk off the list as obviously we get so much and will be paying between £300-£400 less per month, nice weather, nice area and hopefully nice people.
Apart from my Norfolk forum, must learn the Norfolk lingo if we head that way(lol) I haven't really achieved much today.
Walked round to see my folks and don't laugh we ended up playing the EGG Olympics, must stress I got nowhere close to getting in the top 3 in fact I came last with my dad. Will miss them loads when we go but if they don't decide to live closer to my sister then I'll encourage them to head our way, fingers crossed.
Criteria for us now with areas are prettiness (for me) jobs (for hubster) Schools (for the boys) oh and space for little man to run his lemonade stall lol, Price, community and amenities, nice walks close by would be a real bonus too.
Starting to feel a little daunted by the enormity of what we're doing, there seems so much to research, our area has an average crime stat of 17.8 so I look for less than 10 in an area on Police.uk fab site and most of the areas I've looked into are between 2 and 4. It might be more like Stepford if there was no trouble at all, must take off rose tinted glasses lol.
Back to the search tomorrow a glass of red awaits me yum!
Ta ta. xx

1 comment:

  1. Go East! I know you LOVE Devon/Cornwall, but think you should still be looking East Anglia way as well - just to keep your options open.

    Andrea :) xx

    ReplyDelete