Friday 27 May 2011

I just can't explain what I want or what I'm thinking.........


Man my head has been working overtime today but in particular this evening!!!!
Firstly we have received our tenancy agreement which means we’re good to go, which is fab news on the one hand but on the other getting rather scared s***less to say the least.
Schools not organised and can’t be until said copy of tenancy agreement signed by both parties is seen by the education department. However would you sign a tenancy agreement if you weren’t sure your child would get a place in the school in that area.
So i’ve been doing more internet research I know I know, leave it alone now. House found and agreed so ……………………
Ofsted results for school in Long Stratton, satisfactory and I was shocked, they came up as a level 3 for almost all department except a 2 (which is GOOD) for pupils attendance and care and support within the school and a level 4 (BAD) for promoting of community cohesion.
Seriously started to worry about this UNTIL I looked at my sons current school ofsted and I believe he goes to an excellent school. AGAIN satisfactory!!!!! Blimey.
So stopped thinking about the schools and focused on the house.
My criteria when I started thinking about this move was:
Cottage (have a modern house)
Village (small town but still classed as a village so almost) 
Able to raise chickens (not in this garden)
Enough room for all kids to come over (check as long as they don’t all want to play outside)
Close to the sea (well almost again 30 mins tops???)
Good schools (see above and as for little mans school that all depends on whether he wants a school with 15 or 200 pupils lol).
Driveable back to London (check)
Nice walks (believe so but possibly a drive away first lol)
Hubbys vet footie team (check)
It did make me ponder when doing my check list whether we are really going for what we want or what is actually available. 
So I started thinking of the original search. The prettiest village / location i’ve seen so far are
Scopwick , Lincolnshire
and Buckland Brewer , Devon
Now have to just add then when looking for a photo for Buckland Brewer these ladies came up!!!!!
Apparently done for the FARMERS calendar, no wonder hubby wants to move to the countryside!!!! (lol). All tastefully done ladies i’m sure ;)
Prettiest cottage has been in Sudbury, Suffolk
OK not actually this one but very close in example (ish)
and ooops just found this JEM whilst looking in Illfracombe. Hubby will not be pleased lol!!!
Picture 1
Picture 2
and YES that is the SEA!!!
Picture 4
hmmm we do happen to be heading to Devon for the weekend soooon, perhaps just a wee look?????
TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment