Tuesday 10 May 2011

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be????

Mad mad dash this morning to get up to Norfolk for an 11am viewing (and yes we were late!!!). The journey in itself however seems fine between 2.5 to 3 hours so manageable to get back every 4 weeks to see family, friends and loved ones other than those not coming with us of course lol.

Phoned up for another viewing around the 12pm mark but it would have been pushing it to get back in time for the school run. So (luckily for us) they couldn't arrange the viewing.

So todays visit was to Long Stratton


A village with a population of just 2194, I think we have that just down our road at the moment. House itself was stunning albeit a smallish garden won't be having any bouncy castles round at our then but we can do a bbq lol! Perfect size house, in a new area so hopefully the chance to also make new friends.
Hubster and I fell in love with the house and decided to put in an offer for the full asking price.
Before the phone call to the agents though we thought we'd check out the area. Now I have a very good friend who lives in Long Stratton known her since we were 4 and god mother to my son so we know a bit about what she thinks of the area and she doesn't regret leaving at all and she used to live in Maidenhead!!

Now where's the problem you might ask????? I was always after a pretty village and LS seems well to put it bluntly normal! Normal shops with normal people, lots of babies though so we'll be fine ;) but hubster thinks that if we stay in a bigger village within walking distances to both secondary and primary schools, shops and hubsters new veterans football team we'll become more accepted than if we just drove into a town each day and drove out again and when we feel settled and have friends can move out a couple of miles into a smaller prettier village.

Then and I mean THEN we went into the local grocers store which had boarded up doors for well doors! I thought nothing of it, but my chat to anyone hubster asked the cashier what had happened.
Conversationas follows:
"that would be the riots, little thugs got in and little thugs as they arrrrr ran and wrecked things"
Hubster "er RIOTS!!!!!"
"oh yea, happens every year between the villagers and LS suffers wouldn't live here if you paid me"
Hubster "er we've JUST looked at a house here"
"ooooh I wouldn't be bringin up no kids here if I were you or if you do lock them up each night" (I'd like to be able to do the accent but its impossible in text).
Hubster "um ok thanks for the chat"

aaargh!!!!! RIOTS I repeat bloody RIOTS, trying to move away from trouble not to it. So by the power of greyskull or even the internet I google and google the riots and nothing, absolutely nothing unless you count a rave that happened in 2006 and a 20 year then blogged his apology!!!

So I also contacted said friend, said friend then contacted everyone she knew in LS again NOTHING I mean what was that women on does riot mean an argument between a couple of kids or machete holding, gun slaying youth of today by the thousands (ok my imagination has gone a little wild) but NO NO NO riots.

Arrived back home in time for the school run, phew. Big thanks to HG just in case we weren't able to make it for being my standby :).

Spoke to hubster after looking on rightmove again, check everyday for my drawn area lol and found a nice chapel conversion in Devon. Hubster shakes his head with despair :( and offers on the house in LS :).

Now after being interrogated by the agents :( we await the landlords decision as to whether he'd like to rent to us or not (shakes head in disbelief).

So again (sorry folks ) another 24 hours to wait for a decision.

Ta ta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment