Wednesday 10 June 2015

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, it's a new life for me & I'm feeling good!!!



Yes I know, I know it has been 1 year and 4 months, that is 16months, that is approx. 480 days, that is 11,520hours I have had in which to write the simplest of words, Hello no doubt would have done but............................... in my defense until I came on my blog tonight I had NO idea it had been so long since I'd last put finger to keyboard!!

I had a lovely email from a fellow mumsnetter tonight asking about Norfolk, did I make the move, did I make friends etc and I thought yes now is the time. Well ok I've been thinking about it for the past couple of years the thing is with my illness now (Fibromyalgia for those new to this blog) my brain goes full steam ahead and my body lags like a slug behind
but although I haven't been posting about my new search doesn't mean it hasn't been happening and in true MY style no trip with me is without problems & simply we really do get our moneys worth out of the RAC, god bless them and all who drive in their recovery vehicles I salute you and thank you for the numerous times in different cars (don't ask) that you have come to my aid.
So apart from the odd nurse agency still trying to get me to do shifts (my details must be in some secret database of forgotten nurses) the inbox all full to chockka of houses & I look at a lot of houses per day now. The majority get discarded very quickly either through area or size, the nice ones get discarded because they won't accept, pets, children, sometimes adults the list is endless...

Then there is my list


ok that's not my list as the garden is toooooooooooooo big!!

Our "top ten" dream house checklist is

1. 4 beds, 2 receptions min, will look at 3 beds, 3 receptions (but you get the gist it has to be of a good size our business has already taken over the living room).
2. Good schools, within walking distance.
3. I would really like to have a big house with a white picket fence but I think I'm in the wrong country  in fact I would move in there but hold on, that isn't one of the houses from the walking dead is it???!
3. (because the other one didn't really count) we need shops this time, in particular a post office.
4. Superfast broadband (for our business but also for our zombie children)

5. 30 minutes to the sea (this is a new one for our escaping to the country checklist & poises a new challenge can you get the country & seaside??)
6. 2hrs - 2.5hrs back to London (family, friends commitments etc, Scotland & Cornwall are both out :) although is still on our viewing list. Will go into detail later.
7. Good community, ie woman's institute, vets football team etc - my blog depends on it :)
8. Willis friendly walks, there's nothing worse than googling dog friendly beaches and then arriving there and signs painted all over the pavements - no dogs allowed (not even a summer thing) Southwold you know I'm talking about you.
9.Gosh I don't even need 10 points, this should be easy hmmm. Easy to maintain garden but I do like a lot of flowers.
10. Lastly not essential but obviously I spend 80% of my life now indoors so a nice view would be good, I know what I'd like



Just not .....
..

So that's our checklist, well I haven't conferred with the family so that's my checklist.

So like the rest of the world on New Years Eve I make my New Years resolutions, normal things
remembering it is already 6 months into the New Year.
Lose weight  - um loss a bit then didn't so not yet!

and look for a new area in which to live in.............

So on the 3rd of January I had booked a trip in February to Minehead, Somerset, April a trip to Looe, Cornwall, May a trip to Felixstowe & July a trip to Hastings was Christchurch but got changed but still vaguely in the same area & then back to Looe (well we didn't get there in April) in October. From these places we're closer to look at certain areas of interest to ourselves. Now this is where I have to be careful as I have had photo copywriters (rightrattybutmyNO1emailermove) on my heels about sharing houses so will have to view them myself in order to take my own photos in order to be able to blog said photos aargh!!

Ok mini rant over!

So back to oh ooops should have thought about a major thing on my top ten , price renting no more then £950 pcm & £250,000 buying although would very much like closer to £175,000.

And............................ there was one other minor MAJOR point I need some warmth, now I did a search on google courtesy of www.currentresults.com

The Isles of Scilly have the highest mean annual temperature in the UK of 11.5 degrees Celsius (52.7 degrees Fahrenheit).
Not far behind are coastal parts of Cornwall, where many low-elevation sites average above 11 °C (52 °F).


Cornwall and Scilly maintain the UK's highest year-round average not by getting really hot, but rather by not getting really cold. Nighttime lows at Scilly throughout winter typically stay above 5 °C (41 °F).
The ocean moderates temperature extremes and keeps these places warm during winter. Cornwall juts out into the sea at the southwest corner of Great Britain. The Atlantic Ocean borders Cornwall to the west and north, and the English Channel to the south.
Hottest Place in the UK - Isles of Scilly Hottest place in the United Kingdom – Isles of Scilly.
The Isles of Scilly rise in the Atlantic about 40 kilometres (25 miles) west of the tip of the Cornish peninsula. The ocean around Cornwall and Scilly has the warmest temperature of any water off the UK coast.

Hot Places in Great Britain During Summer

Although it averages out as the hottest place year round, Scilly is not the hottest place in the UK during summer.
The highest that summertime temperatures usually get on the Isles of Scilly is just 19 °C (66.2 °F). Meanwhile, some inland parts of southern England average highs of over 20 °C (68 °F) in summer.
Among the hottest are the city of London and Wisley, a small village in Surrey. Both places have average maximum temperatures above 22 °C (71.6 °F) for July and August. Greenwich in July has an average daily maximum temperature of 22.8 °C (73.0 °F). In both London and Wisley the temperature has risen above 35 °C (95 °F) on more than one occasion.
Other places in Great Britain that regularly reach above 21 °C (69.8 °F) during summer months include Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Yeovilton and Cardiff.
London's temperatures get a boost from the dense concentration of large buildings that create the city's own climate, making London an urban heat-island.
But even London's green oasis at the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens can get really hot. Kew Gardens is one of the few places in Britain where the temperature has gone above 100 degrees F (37.8 °C).
London's urban heat-island effect is most noticeable at night from late fall to early spring. During cold spells with little wind, the nighttime temperatures in central London can remain 5 degrees C (9 degrees F) above those in the surrounding suburbs and rural areas. The buildings soak up heat during the day and release it back into the city at night.

Warm Places in the UK During Winter

Places along Britain's coast, where the ocean moderates air temperature, stay the warmest in winter. The warmest waters off England lie along Cornwall and around the Isles of Scilly where the sea has a mean annual temperature of 11 to 12 °C (52 to 53.6 °F). Winds blowing in off the ocean heat Cornwall and Scilly during winter.
The Isles of Scilly have the balmiest winters in the UK, typically getting air frost on just two days a year. Weather stations define air frost as when the temperature at 1.25 metres (4.1 feet) above the ground falls below freezing. Air frost usually occurs on the Isles of Scilly when an easterly wind overrides the ocean influence by bringing in cold continental air.
Places in the UK that also get through winter with little frost are the coastal communities of Tenby in South West Wales, which averages 10 days a year, and St. Mawgan in Cornwall, where normally 14 days a year have air frost. Other sites commonly having less than 20 days of frost in winter lie along Britain's south and east coasts, and include Teignmouth, Eastbourse, Aberporth and Valley.
London's warm city air is no match for winter's warm Atlantic winds. The city gets much frostier than the coast. Greenwich reports an average of 29 days a year with air frost. Other places that get hot in summer, get even colder than London in winter. Stratford-upon-Avon and Yeovilton have over 50 frosty days a year



So you have some useful or useless dependant on where you'd like to live but either way some interesting facts there.
And back to my journey.

On a very very cold weekend in February we braced the weather to get to Minehead, to me quite a long drive as I struggle to sit for long periods, in fact I struggle to stand or lie for long periods in fact I'm pretty much pooped ;).


If it did tell me anything it was that living by the sea in winter would be no easy feat! Me and the little one went onto the beach, we're crazy that way and if you can imagine snot coming from our noses flying into the sky it was that bracing. But very lovely, it had a bit of a charm about it, in fact hubby said he would move there tomorrow but the journey for me was probably a bit too much.


It had all the usual shop, tea rooms etc and unlike most seaside places in winter the majority seemed to be open to business.

I swear by the Guardians Let's move to ..................... series so will add the link for each of the places to make your own minds up. Minehead. By the way driving up the cliffs & into Exmoor which is even in winter stunning its also like being in your own version of a rollercoaster, scary stuff I did shut my eyes on quite a few occasions luckily I wasn't driving hee hee ;) .


Despite the cold a lovely weekend was had.

Ok I've been writing for an hour now & it took me and hour to logo on. Forgot my email address , password, username you name it I lost it and the thought of writing a blog from scratch filled me with fear although its title should now be changed to movingtothecountry2015.

So I will bid you farewell now and will continue with Looe or not to Looe and Felixstowe on my next blog & this weekend I'm going to Bournemouth with my son to look at the uni and they are doing bus rides around the area! He would hate it but yay such fun can't wait so will add Bournemouth to the series.



TTFN!!





No comments:

Post a Comment