Thursday 11 June 2015

I never run with scissors. The last two words were unneccesary!

So on looking back on my last blog I realised I have developed a kind of goo-mance with google,
being my No 1 search engine of choice. In fact me being as blonde as I am my internet gets me onto my bing page only for me to search by going to google first, well I don't two time ;).
I also realised that from my last blog you might be thinking why is she still keeping it escapingtothecountry if she is looking at seaside areas, all will be explained in later when I've caught up with the present.

So my google searches today came up with some general information for all you house movers, area of your dream searchers etc. What does google think of areas when the town is inputted into their search engine, a full list complied & courtesy of Metro newspaper.

Here’s the list in full:
London is funny
Aberdeen is racist
Liverpool is the best
Birmingham is a dump
Glasgow is a dump
Edinburgh is colder than London
Swansea is the death of ambition
Cardiff is boring
Manchester is my planet/Manchester is red
Inverness is shite
Dundee is shite
Durham is for oxbridge rejects
Carlisle is the opposite of bliss
Morpeth is on flood alert
Lancaster is ghetto
York is the best place to live
Chester is irritable
Sheffield is the greenest city in europe
Nottingham is full of fun
Derby is crap
Stafford is a man
Shrewsbury in soft light
Leicester is a dump
Norwich is inbred
Cambridge is better than oxford
Oxford is overrated
Northampton is a dump
Warwick is broken
Worcester is the paris of the 80s
Hereford is crap
Bristol is a paradise
Bath is black/leaking
Gloucester is rough
Aylesbury is it a nice place to live
Chelmsford is now a city
Taunton is a part of minehead already
Exeter is boring
St Austell near the beach
Winchester is camelot
Brighton is brilliant
Newport is the worst city in the uk
Dorchester is dangerous
Exeter is on sale
Banbury is running
Berwick is a good suburb
Stevenage is crap
Oban is worth visiting
Perth is a culture shock
Stirling is hockeyville
Antrim is my stepfather’s name
Derry is nicknamed the oak county
Dublin is expensive
Cork is happy
Kerry is an idiot
Galway is happy too
Mayo is gross
Tyrone is anthrax bad
Wexford (is) university accredited
Kent is the garden of england
Lancashire is wonderful
Somerset is the real killer
Portsmouth is this love/ an island
Bournemouth is better than ibiza
Poole is a beautiful place
Hartlepool is blooming/my passion
Hertfordshire is posh
East London is a vampire
Ilford is safe

Think what you want of that

Ok so my main reason for doing the search was to find the happiest place to live in the UK I may have done this before so forgive me but these lists change every month anyway.


It appears it might not be so ‘grim up north’ after all, with the North Yorkshire spa town of Harrogate being named the happiest place to live in Britain. 
More than 50,000 people responded to a survey which asked how contented they are with their home and local community.
With rising property prices and a reputation for unfriendliness, London residents reported the lowest levels of satisfaction, with the ten least happy places to live in the poll all in the capital.
East London was named the place where people are least happy out of all 111 places ranked, with Ilford, Croydon, East Central London and Twickenham all in the bottom ten of the report by Rightmove.


Rightmove said Harrogate scored top in the survey for safety, its sense of neighbourliness and recreation.
It appears you have to pay a bit more for happiness, however, with the average house asking price around £37,000 higher than the national average, at £309,133.
Councillor Michael Newby, Mayor of the Borough of Harrogate, said: ‘The district has some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK, if not in Europe and beyond.
‘There is also a great community feel, which certainly makes life a lot happier for many people.


10 happiest places to live in Britain
1. Harrogate, Yorkshire and the Humber
2. Inverness, Scotland
3. Taunton, south-west
4. Stockport, north-west
5. Falkirk, Scotland
6. Norwich, East Anglia
7. Hull, Yorkshire and the Humber
8. Preston, north-west
9. Truro, south-west
10. Telford, West Midlands
10 least happy places to live
1. East London
2. Ilford
3. Croydon
4. East Central London
5. Twickenham
6. Enfield
7. North London
8. Harrow
9. South East London
10. West London

So according to that I used to live 7 miles from one of the happiest places in the UK and I moved back to 7 miles away from one of the least happiest places to live in the UK. Go figure!! hee hee!

Now back to our recent escapades so in April we were due to go to Looe for the week in the Easter holidays. But with the hubsters car playing up we knew we'd have problems with a journey like that and as much as I love my beetle it'll be a struggle to get Willis in & luggage & kids. So the hunt for a new car began & I looked and looked as you know I like doing things like that but every suggestion I made got dismissed by the hubster.
 so I gave up and he looked for himself. Found one he was interested in and as he had no car I drove him to the garage or should I say football car park!! I kid you not, but no hubster still thinks it will be fine & phones the man up so he can look at the car & ........................sends me on my way as he is SURE the car will be perfect and he'll buy it on the spot and drive back home. Of course by the time I get home I hear my phone ringing and apparently there was black smoke coming out of the exhaust and the car sounded awful and yet the man was still trying to sell the car to the hubster, aaargh!! I went and collected him and the search continued.

Eventually he found a car in (I think) a real garage in Wembley and he brought it after having as brief drive in it. When he got home I was very impressed a Volvo XC90, black leather seated, tv screen sat nav and all sorts of bits and bobs and luckily just in time as we were going away the week after to Looe.

Two days (for those hard of hearing 2 DAYS) after he'd purchased it as he went to turn into our road it just stopped and wouldn't restart. He was then helped along the way by a woman behind him blasting her horn. He got out of the car went up to her and said (politely this is my hubster after all) "don't you think if I could move the car I would" she drove off impatiently.

He pushed the car back to the house & phoned up the garage, we then had to phone the rac to get the car towed back to the garage. Hubster said to them about our holiday blah blah in a couple of days. I didn't pack our suitcase but by pure chance I contacted the holiday site to say I couldn't find our booking confirmation (for which I was going to tell them we wouldn't be coming on our holiday) & then contacted me back after looking into it and apologised as our booking had gone astray and would it be possible to take a downgrade of accommodation or book the week for another time for which they would also upgrade our accommodation.

 no money lost, no holiday lost just postponed until October now BIG phew!

So a few weeks later (yes it was that long) the garage got back in  touch with us and said that they couldn't fix the Volvo but they could supply us with the same car, same year but higher spec. OK!

And before we knew it, it was May and our next holiday had arrived, the new Volvo had been working really well so we had no concerns until ........................... we decided to take a trip to Ruislip Lido with Willis & the little man only to discover he (the dog) couldn't jump up into the car.

In fact apparently he'd got half of his body in and then just fell backwards & ended up in a heap on the floor.

Bless him, what to do now Willis is a big dog and a big heavy dog at that so he can't be lifted into the boot. Arrrgh!! A major hast purchase of a dog ramp that can take his weight and folds to flat into the car was made and then the wait to see if it arrived in time. Finally it did arrive but Willis was so sceptical of it the little man had to climb up the ramp each time to coax Willis up, finally he got the jist of it and by the 4th go, you guessed it he just jumped straight over the ramp and into the car.

 hmmmmmmm no further words are needed & the ramp didn't get taken will no doubt turn into the most expensive ramp into little mans trampoline this summer!

So the morning of our trip to Felixstowe, we planned to take a brief detour as we had also booked a viewing at a house in Harleston, Norfolk.

Packed, got everyone in their right places in the car, good to go............... petrol in the car........... already rolling along on the M25  its going well, don't think it, don't think it!

The car just lost ALL acceleration and then stopped. So we ended up calling the Rac (again) & stood stupidly behind the metal barrier for safety. Now why do people beep you??? Is it to say hi how you doing? bad day for a long journey? or just... ha ha ha ha ha ha!! ONE word my friend KARMA!



We waited for the RAC and then like buses 2 turn up one for me and little man, & the tow truck for car, hubster, middle man & Willis. On the drive home talking to the RAC man about what had happened. His words "sounds to me like someone put the wrong petrol in the car" nah he wouldn't have done that......................... would he?

So hubster arrived home slower than me of course and the car needed to be unloaded on the main road and I asked him the question. "no I definitely put the right petrol in, I used the same pump I always use and the same red nozzle".

We load up my car without middle man as it was a toss up between him and Willis (it is a beetle after all) and middle man put his hands up to stay at home I think the humiliation of standing roadside whilst broken down was a tad too much for him and he needed the rest of the week to get over it.



Our first stop was to fill up my car with petrol this time, hubster put the petrol in and then asked the lady if she had a receipt for his last order so he could see what he'd put in. Now I'm VERY blonde but do have some secret savvy about me (just don't like to let on) and said to hubby you said you put in the red nozzle at that pump over there that you used last time "yes" but the two back red pumps are diesel but the 2 fronts red pumps are unleaded. Obviously just done to confuse my colour coded hubster. "oh" yes he put unleaded into the Diesel Volvo ooops. Heigh Ho!

So we obviously missed the viewing and as it was a bank holiday called the office but no one was there to take our call or to cancel with the lady who was waiting for us at the house and by the time we arrived there we'd be 3 hours late and probably wouldn't be allowed in so no point in going :(.

Anyway at 6ish we finally arrived at Felixstowe to little man saying "we go to seaside NOW!!" so that's what we did.





TTFN!!























































 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment