Monday 1 August 2011

When I am in the country I wish to vegetate like the country. ~William Hazlitt

Today I went to the newly found Post Office without ANY make up on (have you just fallen down I should have warned you to sit down). It must be all this country air, we never wake up before 8am now, the kids coming up closer to 10am (bliss lol). I went down our country lane (walking towards the nonexistent traffic of course) with little milk monster and little man. Little man is very impressed with the area and says he loves it and I must admit the longer we are here the calmness of the place is really getting under all of our skins.


Had a very happy HELLO for one of the locals out pruning her bush (no puns there at all) and then a brief chat with the postmaster about "would you let your husband dress you" apparently from an article in a newspaper lol!

So went back home feeling (almost) like we'd always lived there. I'll buy some wellies soon!!!!!


Now my moan aaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody recruitment agencies, I have accepted a position as a nurse on bank at Attleborough in a really nice nursing home. However I also went for an informal chat with another place that mostly deals with brain injuries, ms etc etc. I've explained on Friday to Mr J that I preferred my first place and would be accepting that position, same day 30 mins later then had to explain same thing to Mr M. Monday and spoke to another Mr M (think he's different otherwise this is ridiculous) and explained the same thing again "well don't you want to have 2 places to be bank in " NO, I have limited hours to which I can possibly work anyway :(. "so you don't want to see what they are offering you" No it'll be fine. "they've said they can work around you and do whatever hours, shifts, days you want" ok slightly tempted now as its quite nice to be wanted. But without meaning to be rude(and so didn't say it) I only saw one nurse when I walked around the place with the manager and she looked tired, harrassed etc etc. I had already been informed that there is only ever one nurse on night duty for the whole 31 patients and although there aren't as many deaths in physical disability as there are in elderly care (there words not mine) there are more emergencies (with one staff nurse) hmmmmm! Again i'll stick with where i'm going thanks but if you would say thank you to them for their time etc. 2 hours later Ms H calls the facility really really like me and would like me to come back for a second interview any day I want, any time I want??????

Not answering the phone for the rest of the day now!!


Oh and on a really bad point hubby didn't get the job he wanted :( (especially as it had a built in gym) words used "you have been unsuccessful on this occasion" bless him. Wine and snuggles aplenty tonight.

Hubby's kids have gone home today as have 2 of mine and we're back to just the 5 of us again and its weirdly silent. Although the mess left made me think we'd had a party and i'd just slept through it. Next time we're off to a caravan for the week (all 8 of us) my 2 oldest staying behind this time :(. Not many caravans that will sleep 10 lol.

Waiting for hubby to come home from the long drive to London and back its only been 7 hours since he left, makes the weekend null and void when two of the days are spent just driving :(.

Must contact DR's etc tomorrow to get signed up and there is still so many things we need to get done. Don't tell hubby but i'm thinking of changing the furniture round in the living room :P.

TTFN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment