Monday 17 October 2011

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach

Well its been a while! and quite a few things have happened since so i'll give you a brief update.

Hubby has started working as a temp in a printer factory that churns out millions of letters per day. He states its THE most boring job on earth but for now is (almost) paying the bills. However, he finally has the chance of getting his much desired job as he has an interview in Norwich to become a postman.

so i'm sure we'll all have our fingers and toes crossed for him tomorrow.
At the moment he's working lates which means moi has to do the late walk with the dog (well late ish)  and I CANNOT stress enough how dark it is in our village.

No streetlights and barely any houses does not create much light. As you walk its like you're in a dream where you can't see where you're walking so everywhere you walk feels like you're never getting there. Now let me stress I barely carry my phone around with me, big mistake when it comes to late night dogwalking.
Willis of course needs to release his bowels (excuse the TMI) but its pitch black, so and no one back where I used to live will believe I did this but I had to feel around in the dark on the grass feeling for poo. With my hand in the bag I must stress of course lol. But I did get some poo but it (and again TMI I apologise) but I have a big dog who does big poos basically but I picked up small poos' hmmm there i've said it. I pick up other peoples dog poos that they obviously couldn't see and have left my dog's big poo for hopefully someone else to come along and pick up. Seriously what has my life come to pmsl!
The picture is obviously not relevant as they have a lampost!!!

But i'm not knocking our life.

I wake in the morning and barely put on any makeup. Drive the 3 miles to the boys schools and drop them both off the younger one walks into school on his own. I park where I can see into the playground, the head comes out every morning at 8.30 as do the teaching assistants. There are maybe 3 or 4 mums that are in the playground and that's it. Because its SAFE, kids are worried, parents aren't worried, they have a zero tolerance for bullying and its just a really nice school with really nice teachers (although my son says that the dinner ladies are a tad strict).

We walk the dog for miles in the day

'Let any stranger find mee so pleasant a county, such good way, large heath, three such places as Norwich, Yar. and Lin. in any county of England, and I'll bee once again a vagabond to visit them.'
Sir Thomas Browne

 
'Often times within the circle of your sight there is neither house nor man visible. A grey church tower, a windmill, or the dark-brown sail of a wherry in the distance breaks the sense of utter loneliness, but the scene is wild enough to enchain the imagination of many.'
George Christopher Davis (1884)
'...this corner of England which once it holds your heart is more lovely than any place on earth. Beautiful with a hint of secrecy which haunts it, as the memory of a dark and tender sadness clouds the brilliance of a summer day.'
Lilias Rider Haggard (Norfolk Notebook)

 
'The Norfolk landscape sends a shiver through my soul....'
Raffaella Barker

 
'You either get Norfolk, with its wild roughness and uncultivated oddities, or you don't. It's not all soft and lovely. It doesn't ask to be loved.'
Stephen Fry

 
'Once you get to know Norfolk, there is no better place to live.'
John Timpson
'For the traveller in search of the English Heritage, the county is a paradise.'
Arthur Mee





, me and the milk monster and I love it. The quiet, the fields, the people (everyone you pass says hello) and I realize (much as it saddens me to admit as obviously I still miss my family and friends) but we made the right choice. We LOVE this lifestyle, we love our cosy nights in and that's why I've come to the end of this blog i'm afraid and that's why the blogs have been so few and far between. I really don't do a lot anymore but its great and i'm very very happy with where we live.


BUT...............................................

We couldn't part with Willis despite finding a new home for him when it came down to him, he's part of us now and he's flipping adorable. Even the milk monster passes him his ball and he's beyond gentle. I love that i'll walk him (and trust me every other house has a dog) and they bark and bark at him and he just looks at me and carries on walking. He doesn't bark .............................bliss.

However this means that we've had to request permission from our landlord to stay in our property as we now have a dog. Letter went out today so fingers and toes crossed again or we might well be on the move again.
 but we sooooooooooooooo desperately hope we can stay for once we feel like we're somewhere we'd like to stay.

So I bid you all farewell, i've loved doing the blog and will hopefully start another one soon once I have something interesting to talk about.

TTFN!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Actually your quotation -

    'Let any stranger find mee so pleasant a county, such good way, large heath, three such places as Norwich, Yar. and Lin. in any county of England, and I'll bee once again a vagabond to visit them.' is by Edward Browne, the eldest son of Sir Thomas Browne upon return from his travels in 1665. Sir Thomas rarely travelled after 1643 after settling in Norwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the correction, it was actually from the site
    http://www.literarynorfolk.co.uk/norfolk_quotes.htm
    but I thank you for the information. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    Many thanks for sharing your story on your blog. I've loved reading it and am so glad that you found your place in the country.

    I really really hope that everything works out for you and wish you and your family all the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chrisotherwise, thank you for the lovely words :D

    ReplyDelete