Sunday 5 January 2014

the BLOG is back!!

New YEAR, New ME, New START!!

 

How many of us start our New Years just like this??? You go to sleep after letting out the old year and letting in the New Year, you sing songs about never forgetting those that you have forgotten (gets lost on me too but nevertheless I sing it all the same).

But this year I really do want to start anew as they say. If you are a previous reader to my blog you'll know that I've had a hard time this past year with my illness after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I won't go into the detail as its all there, the pain the agony etc etc.

But .......................










So where do we start. I have this thing about odd years (odd numbers in fact too) so I don't believe anything really good can happen to you in an odd year unless odd numbers are you thing .. rambling sorry.
Anyway as 2014 isn't an odd number I was looking forward to it and believe that the way you start the year is the way the year will continue.
ie: last year very ill / depressed spent the New Year sad and in bed so this year round I needed to turn things on their heels and where better to go than to find some magic.

Hubby has found this hilarious as I have limited mobility if I walk to far and can't stand in one position for very long , the only worse break I could have chosen would have been a hiking trip
such a funny man!!!

Anyway steroids in hand I wasn't going to let anything stop me (I'll get to my resolutions in a minute) and last night I came back after a 4 day / 3 night trip and I loved (ish) every minute of it. I did have problems with my legs, tiredness etc but refused to play the disability card.

However I possibly should have gone alone, hubby's best part of the trip breakfast as he puts it "well we have already paid for it we should get our moneys worth" no much chance with a 3 year year old that will only eat a piece of toast. And yes I am one of those bad mothers who uses technology to keep the little one quiet while you try and eat.



We stayed in the Sequoia Lodge
(actual view from our bedroom window very nice) at Disney and NO tea/coffee making facilities and coffee from the bar in one of those small plastic cups at 4.99 euros #unimpressed luckily I can survive without my early morning cuppa tea.
 
after unpacking we headed straight down to the magic and walked around and around and around the magic but couldn't actually get on anything because of the crowds. In fact if you average 1-2 hours of queueing time per ride and there are say 100 rides you'd need (and I'm no longer good with numbers so I won't even bother trying) a LOT of a day. Who said it would be quiet over New Years????
Also going to Disney on a budget is not easy either and anyone who has seen supersize me, well lets just say if I never see another burger / fries combo again I'll be happy.It all comes down to price again 23 euros for all 4 of us to eat versus 55 euros in the park and that's for the fast food takeaway not the restaurant which is a cool 30 euros for ONE kids meal, I kid you not!!!!

Best part of the holiday the parades, the XMAS magic and the TREE.

I would recommend to anyone to do the extra magic hours as we got on most of the rides without queueing but downside to that meant we had to be in the park at 8.30am (7.30am British time) but the bliss of running onto rides outweighed the tiredness well until 11am anyway lol! and ....... we could take photos without having a million strangers in it.

SO we are sadly home and my resolutions must begin, well not really resolutions as I'm not giving up on anything but more life style changes!!





  1. Lose 2 stone -- by 1st July 2013 (not that I have anything planned then but won't be able to diet until then as we have 6 tins of chocs under the tree still), so 1st Feb to start diet 1 stone per 3 months should be do-able, shouldn't it????
  2. Dye hair brunette / check and keep it like that without changing it back to blonde within a month, not something I have achieved since I was 18 and then I lasted oh 3 months as a brunette!!
  3. Try and walk the dog once a day even if only small walk.
  4. Try and collect kids from school at least twice a week (I REALLY haven't left the house a lot in the last year).
  5. See family & friends more / and have a date night with hubby once a month.
  6. SAVE for a deposit on a house, we have 2 years for that and then where to go and the blog begins again lol.
  7. Eat healthier!!!
  8. Throw away / sell all rubbish piling up the house.
  9. Continue writing blog on a regular basis.
  10. Make a resolution to NOT make resolutions that are too easily broken.
Wishing everyone a VERY happy NEW YEAR may 2014 bring you Health, Wealth and most importantly happiness!!
 
TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment