Sunday 17 February 2013

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands!

I have NO idea where last weekend went seriously, so I apologise for my lack of blog other than to say I simply don't remember it happening all the days blur into one nowadays and zap there are gone. I wish I could say it was down to me partying hard and living it up then sleeping throughout the next day  However its more likely to look like this  NICE!!
Not, I'm seriously bored and my poor hair is suffering not actually just virtually as I can't raise my elbow to dye my hair so might need to (don't faint) go to the hairdressers for once to have it cut. In my head as everything is nowadays my hair has gone from bright blonde to bright red. Luckily as I can't get to the shops this hasn't happened yet as with all my well thought out plans its bound to look like this  although actually this looks quite good I ponder for a brief moment.
So my diet we start again on Monday (tomorrow) as due to Pancake day and Valentines day and then the weekend I know I know we  but we did do 6 days of the diet and I lost 6 lbs so very impressed although might have put that weight back on now. I was looking for the perfect valentines dinner and all of the supermarkets are doing the valentines meal deal etc etc, we ended up with a Chinese (which is also convenient with it being Chinese new year so combining the takeaway means less calories surely??) as when you look as hard as I did for the perfect meal you come up with little bits from different supermarkets and end up with zilch lol) and drum roll I am really into Heston Blumenthal restaurant the fat duck since seeing it on Masterchef and in particular the seven layer BFG. In Waitrose (not advertising honest guv) they are doing a at a stonking £13 not to be sniffed at lightly but on Ocado its half price, result :) and it was yum  but so as the kids didn't get left out for valentines they got a milka gateau  and of course I had to test trial it for them and yum yum!!
Gone are the days of hearts and flowers, going out to restaurants (did hubby ever take me out) according to him he didn't date me he just moved in (kind of true) oh to be romanced again.
I am a complete pain in the arse when it comes to buying presents for, hubby brought me a necklace for xmas but.............................................. I asked him to take it back because it looked really cheap (but wasn't) I sound awful I know but its now February and I didn't get anything as a replacement so who loses moi (and hubby has a bit more money in his wallet) for Valentines he wanted to get me the Trevor nelson cd which I (did) for once want his words "i'm going to try and see if I can use that tatty old voucher at HMV and buy it for you" but then forgot to go to the shops. and who says romance is dead!
So back to the diet as all of the ingredients are supplied its surprisingly easy to do, you can't cheat and try and add anything else and the fact you can still have fruit and veg as well is a huge plus. Obviously there is a downside thats the flatulence and next week I will need to issue warnings if people walk in the room!!! 
I won't go on to much about the fact that i'm still in  and I feel as if I have nothing to say anyway because I am still in pain. The consultant has got back to me though and according to the bone scan there is no signs of arthritic damage to my joints the only thing they saw was dental erosion (thanks) and kidneys retaining fluid. The blood tests she stated weren't quite so good apparently as i'm on 10,000 units of Vit D per week and have been since November when I first started feeling ill i've only gone up from 55 to 72 which I think is good as it has gone up, but apparently it should have gone up by a much greater margin. Then my iron levels and calcuim are still low so she has doubled the dose of my medications. One of which makes me so dopey in the morning already I haven't started on the double dose as yet or i'll be like the walking dead 
Then I said to her about my pain relief as my meds are only just taking off the edge and she said "I could put you on morphine and it wouldn't do anything to relieve the pain because of where the pain is"
So a life of pain for me then, she said that it is looking more like Fibromyalgia  that being said as i'm a nurse i've looked at a lot of the symptoms and although I have a lot of them (but couldn't we all??) It doesn't link in with what is happening to my body but it looks like i've been put on the waiting came for now to see if the meds make me feel better on the plus side at least it isn't anything serious!!
So from todays blog it going to be bright and breezy.
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment