Thursday 22 March 2012

Her friends say she is very funny. At a family dinner, she stood to go, and the footman very properly pulled her chair away. At that moment I asked her a question and she sat down again, except there was no chair. Everyone, including the Queen, laughed and laughed. Prince Andrew

At the moment I am into all things British be it the Queens Jubilee coming up or indeed the Olympics being held in London, hubby thinks it because of our great cycling hopes now in the form of Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish

But whatever it is i'm hooked. I recently went into London with the girls and took numerous shots of our great city. I am saving up to purchase a union jack rug for the hallway and keep looking for general memorabilia.

I have decided (and yes we know or I know as hubby has given up on me, that we have no money) that we will celebrate in style this year with several events to celebrate all that's good in Britain.

So the first event being the Queens Diamond Jubilee

but because nobody taught me to do anything by halves (and believe it or not i'm the daughter of an accountant) I am doing everything vintage.

I am bidding on several vintage sandwich / cakes stands (I don't understand the need to buy paper ones when you can only use them once and perhaps one day me and hubby can win the lottery and get our tea shop by the sea).

As I write (and will write this quietly, I have just had a winning bid on a 3m by 6m sssshhhh) but will need to inform hubby as we have to collect hhmmmm.

It was a necessity of course with the English weather being as it is.

Soooooooo

Checklist is on for

Vintage cake stands.
Vintage cups and saucers and plates (joblot and cheap of course)
Vintage fabric for tables and chairs (ps of which I have none but i'll get round to it lol)
Vintage jugs to fill with flowers for said tables that I don't have.

Then I want some pretty little tea lights and solar   l i g h t s

I have to briefly pause and tell you how hard this blog is to write today.
My laptop has decided that after every 4th word it will go back to the beginning of the sentence. Flipping annoying but was coping then ...............when trying to write the word light (and wouldn't you know it now its working) it would highlight itself and then vanish (scratching head furiously) and then on just writing this 4 times it went to a picture somewhere someplace on my computer.

Do they have poltergeists in laptops personally that movie still scares the life out of me (and i'm back to typing backwards, the only way for you to understand if for me to let the spirit of my computer take hold)random just for the sake of what I have been trying to say but obviously without your presence its very hard to show and wouldn't you know it apart from the bottom start of the paragraph it hasn't done it since. Maybe its when I do a new sentence.

So this paragraph is purely .

New sentence 1 - I love my husband very very much and it still isn't doing anything maybe just maybe its gone as we've sussed onto it.

So excuse that brief pause I will now go back to my original blog. (its back) and looking at sandwich recipes (see if you can stay along for the ride) but my laptop poltergeist sprawl) a vengeance and I'm getting annoyed as must you be now trying to read througha street party for that fact (ok its back with I won't be stretching as far as inviting the neigbours or doing

I have spent the best part of the morning creating invitations and looking

I can only count to 3 and then I will have to give up the blog and start again later or I may be tempted to throw it in the bin!!! (poltergeist included)

So best ports of call for all things tea party (ish)
WI
Good Housekeeping (by the way its still playing up but now I fix the mistakes for your reading pleasure).
Good Food.
Then just looking at the multitude of recipes on the web.
Jubilee Chicken Sandwiches
This has been devised by a lady for the Queens Silver Jubilee and is indeed called Jubilee Chickenis i

At a glance
  • Cuisine British
  • Recipe Type Snack
  • Difficulty Easy
  • Preparation time 10 mins
  • Cooking time 0 mins
  • Serves 4 people
Ingredients
  • 2 2 chicken breasts, skin off
  • 6 Sliced white bread
For the dressing
  • 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
  • 3 tbsp Crème fraiche
  • 1 lime, juices
  • 2 tbsp tablespoons coriander leaves, picked and chopped
  • 1 mild red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
For the marinade
  • 3 Slices of fresh ginger
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 3 tbsp Olive oil

Step-by-step

  1. Begin by mixing all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl large enough to hold the chicken breasts. Cover the breasts with the marinade and leave for 1-2 hours to let the flavours penetrate.
  2. After this time, heat a pan of water and set a steamer over it. Brush any excess marinade off the chicken, place in the steamer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
  3. To make the dressing, mix together the mayonnaise, crème fraiche, red chilli and coriander. Squeeze in a little lime juice, season with salt and pepper then taste and add more lime juice if you think it needs it. Dice the chicken and mix it with the sauce.
  4. Spread a layer of the chicken mixture on one piece of bread. Top with the other slice of bread and serve, in quarters.
or I could just get some sandwich fillers??????

 

so this is the aim

 
 
etc etc.

So i'm afraid i'll be boring (bugger  the words are vanishing from the page, can't cope signing out as its after every other word now :() 
back to boring will be putting up more recipes and lots of jubilee party ideas.

TTFN!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cath Kidston do a gorgeous cake stand, but not cheap (£25)

    ReplyDelete