Wednesday 6 July 2011

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm the above title wasn't said with me in mind. My mind is still willing but my body has stopped.

Yesterday was a fun packed day. Received a message that a friend would be in trouble (possibly) on the school playground in the morning. Normal school mum bickerings that normally always are to do with our children but somehow they escalate onto the parents and then all out war breaks out. Anyway this happens to be my best friend so there was no way i'd let her down. So off me, hubby, little milk monster and little man who as soon as our feet hit the playground he vanishes anyway lol. And we're standing on the playground and hubby says to me '"so you've come here thinking there might be a fight and you're wearing FLIP FLOPS!!!" now ok I didn't think that part of it through because amazingly i've not had to think about the kind of attire i'd have to wear if in a mortal combat situation. In walks the mum who everyone seems to be a tad scared of, hubby was on a roll "I think she was in the army and is dressed much better than you for this". Thanks!!! In walks BF little nod to me and she walks over to hmmmm what shall I call her??? (without being rude) GIJ i'll leave you to work it out, if it stomps you too much and it shouldn't unless you're as blonde as me, write in the comments lol. So BF and her friend walk over to GIJ, no need to go en masse then as thats slightly unfair can relax for a second or two then :). All of a sudden lots of pointing of fingers at my BF and I look at hubby and say better go and help. Went over and OMG the woman is like a banshee!!! Thats all I can say.

It gets calmed down and Bf is taken back over to the other side of the playground then GIJ starts to follow her at a speed only seen on road runner

hmmmmm!!! Trouble with a very large T aaaaargh here we go. BF heads over to where me and hubby are standing. No point going near hubby he's pretty soft or in his words "it wouldn't be fair to hit a woman". GIJ is going mad, when I step in she goes for me to and she's full of flaying hands and pointing fingers, I HATE someone putting their hand up in your face and tell her "i'll do what I want" er obviously.
Well I wanted to go to Norfolk with memories and a bang possibly but this big a bang!!! OH starting to dream of the sedateness of the Norfolk countryside whilst GIJ carries on ranting.

Headmaster comes over and asks GIJ to leave the playground for her threatening behaviour. That really rattled her now. Now I don't want you to think that my BF went over there for a fight it was absolutely the opposite she wanted to talk to a mum that keeps intimidating and speaking in a very nasty way to my BF's kids on a regular basis, to the point where they feel they shouldn't go to the park after school as she may be there. But she was worried about how she would react and obviously with reason!!!
GIJ leaves!!!
But is then (of course) outside the school waiting to discuss (ha ha) this again with my BF. Man I cross the road again. Another mini heated discussion, where I seemed to get shouted at a lot for possibly just being
1: A busy body
2: BF's BF
3: Not scared of her!!
Countryside picture of calmness needed again.

All ended as the police arrived (yes seriously) and they had just kind of made up (although i'm not convinced by this and BF wasn't at school today :( ). GIJ refused to give her details to the police now there's a surprise!!! GIJ's buddy knows the policeman in question and apparently knows how to deal with the police again another surprise!! Hoping IT is all over for the sake of my BF if not I think she should move to Norfolk too.
So proud of BF for actually standing her ground though against someone who is quite blatantly a bully and also a tad psychotic!! One more picture of Norfolk calmness and i'm finished with this subject.

Soooooooooooooo went home and actually did some work in the bedroom. Now i've moved a lot of times but its purely putting stuff into boxes but not sorting out as we are limited to space this time I have no choice. So the wardrobes and drawers oh and the drawers in the bed oh and the suitcases that also hide clothes get sorted out.

I managed to throw 4 bags of clothes out for the charity very very proud of myself, then hubby walks up and says it that all!!! Then he started on my pretty things aka shoes!! Nope Non Ne Nein Nie NO can't do it, will smuggle them under my bra if needs be (they are slightly mishapen anyway) but can't lose a single pair they are shiny and yes I am extremely blonde and very proud of it.

But that was yesterday and i've done hmmmm not a lot today.

Although I have been looking for jobs in the nursing profession, surely there aren't that many prisons in Norfolk because there is a flipping lot of jobs for nurses in prison or in the mental health industry. I shall keep looking though, i'd like to have a job again in oncology but will (possibly not in a prison thoough) take anything.
Hubby has been really funny recently and you know what its like when someone says something funny and you just want to repeat it but ....................................... for the life of you you can't remember it.
Apparently he had a dream that we were having a hard time in Norfolk about our accents and when hubby asked the dream man what he could do about it dream man said "move to Sheffield" WTF don't get it but at the time when he woke and said it blimey it was funny!!!

I've been on a mission today with removal firms though and we have 2 people coming round to do quotes tomorrow. I just have the opposite view of hubby who thinks that the cheap people who can't understand English so well (and i'm not knocking that as i'm half Polish) but I have a nagging doubt that they won't look after our stuff or pack it in the van properly.
Never worried about this before it seems to be the whole moving so far away scenario again. Had to answer numerous questions and then when asked what time is best to call back I write 3.30pm. We then receive calls at 2.01, 2.34 and 3.12 (closer at least) and one just now 8.01 oh whoops it was a friend and I ignored the call. The blog takes centre don't you know lol!! Its become your van or mine with hubby and me. Must think though that there's only 8 days left until we move so probably should be acting sharpish. Hubbys van people said they can get everything in a 3.5 tonne vehicle and then when he saw my 8 seater said oh we can use that too!! They also charge for anything over a 7 hour removal, well it takes 3 hours ther and 3 hours back hmmm lets work that one out??? Cripes!! Had a call from the company that supplied us with a £1600 quote but then knocked it down to £1100 for cash cheers. They didn't recognise name, address, number or email address despite being in contact on several occasions and offered a wonderful removal service that is competitive ha ha.

So will wait for 2 quotes

TTFN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment