Sunday 10 March 2013

Mothers Day!

Mothers Day has just officially been turned into disappointment day the same as my birthday, Xmas day and of course Valentines day. I have a wonderful husband but romance to him means saying to me "I was going to use that old HMV voucher and get you that CD you wanted but never got to the shops, but I did think about it". On Valentines day!
So this morning I knew I was in trouble when hubby went to work without saying a word to me, and then my little man ate the rest of my Dairy Milk for his breakfast, its a good job he's so cute as that's a capital crime in my books. So I went downstairs made my own cuppa and went back to bed. Where I may stay for the rest of the day and see if anyone notices!!
In fact I AM on strike!
So I've worked out that if your child is under 5 you'll be pampered and showered with gifts and love if your hubby or partner is that way inclined and will take your kids to the shops (obviously not mine)
 But he does go to preschool so made me a card and a rose, thank you my darling :).
Over 5 to 11 - they have a Mothers Day shop at school to buy a little gift if they weren't so inclined as to become the next Alan Sugar which means they need to keep hold of their money for their next investment. Being a mum is not an investment as we are always there.
Ok the teenage years, you'll be lucky if they can even get out of bed before midday let alone put the kettle on!!
The grown up years 18 - 25 the i'm too busy with my own life to come see you or be able to send a card in the post years. Super self absorbed years i'm calling them.
The 25 - 35 years and you have your own little family and are enjoying your own little Mothers Day.
The 36- 50 years you are FINALLY starting to appreciate what your MUM is all about and now precious time truly is, to spend the time you have with them on this special day.

So after this blog i'm going to head round to my mums to make her a cuppa as i'm obviously not going to get one in this house :). I know my dad will still be spoiling my mum as on valentines days he used to give us a red rose on valentines day  to show us he loved us, only stopped when I got married bless him (should have asked him to continue lol).
This year in particular some of my close friends have lost their mothers and it does make you realise how precious time is!!
OOOOps as i've been typing this the teenager has walked in with flowers and a huge box of chocolates, hang my head down in shame for doubting any of them. Should I delete my blog or carry on?????
Carry on!! because now I know my hubby went out and got the things and the boys have all just huddled quickly in the bedroom to write my card. 
Ok but maybe I can't go on strike anymore, shucks I was looking forward to staying in bed. In fact shock horror I can hear the kitchen cupboards downstairs will I be getting my blessed cuppa??
 in fact I just got a cup of tea, a yoghurt (sadly the yoghurt says 01/02/time to sort out the fridge methinks) and a cake bar. and worse thing of all I am now wondering what he's after??

But to all YOU gorgeous mums out there and in particular my mum HAPPY MOTHERS DAY


and for those MUMs and Nans who are sadly no longer with us, thinking of you on this special day.

TTFN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment