Sunday 26 June 2011

Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that

Ok we've come up with a contingency plan and it involves the other side of England, well we will be homeless very very soon so its either that or Scotland lol!!

Tomorrow we will also put a deposit and submit reference checks on a property in a village 6 miles outside of Bude YES Cornwall, told you it was the other side! We haven't seen this property, don't know much about the area so this one purely is a lottery property. You know how on Location, Location they always have a mystery property this IS our mystery property.

If Great Moulton goes through OK obviously that is our first choice as we have started to build roots there already and know so much about the area. We will also take one final stab at a property in Uxbridge but at £1400 pcm slightly over our budget and I would have to go back to work full time and sharpish lol! (that's if they'll have me, although I've also written my resignation letter today to and I have to give 2 months notice and i'm due back on the 29/8/11 aaargh) What to do?????

So the mystery property is in Upper Tamar lake overlooking the lake, 4 beds, 3 floors, detached property, parking and garden and thats all we know folks.
Picture 1

Very seasonal area so we'll have to hibernate between October and March lol!!!


We've had some fun whilst packing boxes this weekend, hubster found his school reports and they were most interesting and bless him he is still just as chatty, prone to being distracted, always day dreaming and is wasting his and our time!! BLESS!!!
In my box no school reports I think I got rid of them in a past move but my mum had passed me down all my old school books (and yes they've all gone now but that'll be because of the mould growing on them, yes I am that old) and my little Polish school books when I went to a Saturday school in Ealing very sweet.
Hubster also found one of my many Bridget Jones type notebooks which at the start of this blog I said I did every beginning of the year, I was just a little delayed this year but i'm further than I usually get. Anyway he was roaring with laughter so i'll let you have a read, only the first page got completed.........


"How difficult is it for a single attractive (its my book I can write what I like!!!) , youngish woman to find love nowadays? A shift in values in both genders has the majority of the population confused about what is expected of them when it comes to love!!!
Now changed that to finding love when you are a single mother of 4 extraordinary children and you have a recipe for a wonderful column (ok I was trying to go in small before I hit the bog time with my book). I have been single now for almost 3 years, but have lived on my own now for 6 years! Wow, on paper that sounds scary. Let me introduce myself to you! I am 37 years old (so written Jan 2008 lol) possibly may stop but at the moment the consensus of opinion is "wow you don't look it" & "you can't have a daughter that old" (again this was MY book / column lol and i'm entitled to big myself up and for the record I have NOW stopped saying my age and people well believe me lol)  Praise works wonders on your self esteem and when that fails botox can take care of the rest!
I was married um happily and unhappily for 12 years (married v v young) and i've been divorced from the monster from outer space or should I just say 'mars' isn't that where the male species comes from? Back to the point sorry, divorced now for 5 years, monster has since remarried and new wifey wants to be friends, alarm bells ringing yet?? after monster left, I met up with an old school sweetheart and became pregnant with my youngest. Yes, I don't know about precautions blah blah, obviously too fertile for my own good. Anyway wouldn't be without my little man now for all the tea in China. Obviously that was a rushed, rebound relationship that didn't work out but doesn't stop him trying it on every other weekend when he comes to collect little man (again for the record that has stopped now) with the exception of when his fiancee from hell is in the car. Sorry fiancee from hell is probably too strong, i'm sure she is a great fiancee (that has been proven wrong now lol) , just not a great step mum, she ordered him to give back a collage of pictures of little man that little man gave them for Christmas because it was too 'personal' see my point!! Little man is only 4 years old, of course photos are personal!!!
Ok, that's enough about them this column is about me and my dating life. The joys and numerous laughs associated with internet dating, and first dates (sorry interviews) always amazes me. I must admit I have tried to 'be open about the possibilities that love is around the corner' (turned out that was in the next road to me) . But apart from looking completely desperate (shame we can't do visuals here) it doesn't work. Trust me you can only smile so long at someone whilst picking up a packet of laxatives for your son. So i'm going to go all the way back to date number 1 and hopefully (year 2030 good for you) I will meet the love of my life, my soul mate. Yep thought so you're about as optimistic as I am but ever the hopeful!!! 

That was then this is now and 18 months after that was written, my soul mate did indeed come into my life and I've never been happier. All of my friends thinks i'm far too slushy nowadays but also know of the trials of my dating life without my need to write a book about it, they had to live through it and have many a good tale to tell. HG's Favorite is about the size of was it bottle lid or cork anyway not going into any further details about that!!!
Hubster is a true gem in a sea full of sharks, my life was completely changed when he came into my life and we sat on a bench and he uttered the words "choose me" I was dating another internet wanabee at the time and i'd known my hubster for 3 years previously but only as friends and confidantes. I knew lots about his life and he knew zilch about mine, OK I was his confidante then lol! But each and every day since we choose to be together has been like walking in a dream, of course we have niggles if you didn't you wouldn't be breathing and I know for a fact I rattle him all the time, especially when I can't get off the computer because I'm still blogging (yes like now ooops). He is bored of me now and has gone into the other room lol. But we blooming well LOVE each other to pieces and that reader is how it works!!!
Soppy I know but in the almost 2 years that we've been together we've gone through some utter s*** but nothing knocks us down and nothing breaks us up.
For my hubster this blog is dedicated to you and if you wanted to move to Timbuktu I would because i'd be with you, Always and Forever 381 <3

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment